Sunday, June 7, 2009

Aiden's Disney Trip

Aiden and I went to Disneyland with his friend Taylor to celebrate her 2nd birthday. Since I have a season pass, he is free, and we were not planing on taking him for his birthday I jumped at the chance when my friend Tammi invited us to come along. We had lots of fun and even more so because Tammi also brought a babysitter for her girls. So her and I got to go to the park Wed. night with no kids. Thursday was Taylor's birthday and while the babysitter took Tammi's oldest off to do big kid rides Tammi and took her middle child and the babies on rides. Aiden never really gave me any looks of "What fun!" or "I'm so excited!" I mostly got looks of intense concentration. It looks like he may be turning out like his brother Tyler in that he seems to want to understand his surroundings before he will embrace them and feel comfortable with them. He seemed to relax as the day went on, but as you can see in the pictures below he did not start off well.

Here is Aiden watching the ride as we waited in line.
Here is the birthday girl giving the desired look of excitement.
Here is Aiden not wanting to sit in this Dumbo elephant and indicating to me that he wanted to get out. Note we are not moving yet.
Here is Aiden as we flew around in circles. He did not like it very much.
He did better as we went along though. Dumbo was definitely the worst one for him, but it was the beginning of the day and he was not used to anything yet. I have not rode Dumbo in forever one because I think flying around in circle while I go up and down has lost it's excitement for me. And two because it has a super long line and since it was the first thing we went to the line was short and to wait would have meant a longer line.
He liked Casey Jr. Circus Train much more and was excited to go on the Choo Choo.
As was expected he was scared of Mickey, but was fine when I held him and even waved good bye when we moved on.
I took him on It's a Small world and he really liked this one. He sat by himself for most of the ride and I only moved him onto my lap because I thought he would be able to see better. By the end he was even bopping his head back and forth to the song.
He wanted this hat after seeing a boy with it while we were in line. I took him to the Mad Hatter hat shop and showed him all the other hats, but he continued to insist on this one.
While the girls all went over to CA Adventure to have a breakfast with the princesses we stayed in the Magic Kingdom and shared a muffin and milk for breakfast. These muffins are big and yummy!
Relaxing on a bench enjoying our breakfast. These are some of my favorite moments in Disneyland. Just sitting and enjoying the atmosphere. We even got to enjoy some music from the Springville Utah orchestra playing in the plaza behind us.
We then went over and met up with the others and went on Toy Story Mania. It is a 3-D interactive ride where you shoot at targets in games like your at a carnival midway. Birthday girl and mom in their 3-D glasses.
I didn't think Aiden would play the game but he was very excited to get a hold of his shooter. I love the intense look he has here.
Here is one with his 3-D glasses on.
He didn't hit anything but he still loved it. Chad teased me about my score and I told him I was trying to help Aiden half the time. I thought I did pretty well for missing the beginning and only shooting with one hand.
He enjoyed play house Disney, but again not with as much enthusiasm as his friend.
We found the perfect snack for him at the fruit stand by the Jungle Cruise. Two of his favorite thing to eat, apples and peanut butter! Perfect.
While waiting to meet up with Tammi again we sat and finished up our snacks. He was so cute, he kept putting his snack and his drink in front of him and wrapping his around them till his finger tips touched, saying "mine" with a playful look and smile on his face.
Right on cue at 1:30 he fell asleep for his afternoon nap. We did lots of rides and had a great time. Aiden rode...
  • It's a Small world 2 times
  • Dumbo
  • Casey Jr.
  • Storybook canal Boats
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster
  • Winnie the Pooh 2 times
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jungle cruise 2 times
  • Monsters Inc.
  • The Farris Wheel (a swinging cage)
  • Toy Story Mania

We saw Mickey Mouse and Play House Disney.

I went on lots of other rides both the night before and with the babysitter when they were rides to others didn't want to go on.


Here is one last picture of Aiden and Taylor playing with balls while we packed up to go in the morning. Happy Birthday Taylor and thanks for inviting us to celebrate your birthday.

2 comments:

crazy said...

Love the carrots.. It was a blast to have you at Disneyland with us. Autumn still talks about how cute A was putting his hands around his food.. It was a great time. Tammi

wittygal said...

Sounds like so much fun! They are growing so fast.