Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chad's fathers day gift

I have a few prefaces to this post - #1. Casey won his class fish tank at the end of the school year. It was 10 gallon tank and we got 2 fish, 2 tetras and 1 snail. As we were looking for a new fish to add I wanted some more exciting fish....#2. We have had fish tanks a couple of times through our 12 year marriage. We had a lot of guppies - my reason for wanting something more exciting. We have had these on again off again fish tanks because Chad loves them and I don't so much.

That being said I agreed to a tank our friend was getting rid of so that I....yes I could get some "cooler" fish, Well as cool as fresh water and non aggressive fish there are :)


We got some crabs because they are so fun to watch. They can be aggressive and they have killed a fish or two :(

We got these Schooling fish. They are fun because if you wave your hand in front of the glass they turn and go the other way.

We got some mollies.. the female has been pregnant twice, but the babies get eaten before we ever see them.

Another cool shot of a crab. we got 4 of them, but our 1 female died so we got two more females. we now have 5 crabs total.


We also have since added 2 ghost cat fish, they are cool cuz they are clear, you can see through them from the side. We also added 4 different kinds and color of mollies.

No comments: