Monday, November 14, 2011

dare devils

We went to Corona to help paint some rooms for uncle Sam. He had been commuting and house hunting all summer and his family was finally joining him at the end of the week. There were things to be done around the rental house and he was getting it all done after work. I told him I would paint the kids bedrooms if he paid for my gas to get there and he took me up on the offer. The great news was I got the painting done in one whole day, but that sad news on that was as I was rinsing off the paint brush in the toilet (great for cleaning brushes because you can swish it all around in the water and just flush away the paint water) I was talking to Chad on my cell phone and it dropped from my shoulder and fell into the toilet :( no more phone for me for the rest of the week!!! Since they were not moved in the did have a house phone yet either.
Something else that had to be done was changing the light bulbs. This was a tricky effort in the high stair well, but they worked it out by standing on uncle Sam's shoulder while he stood on the ladder.
To make it even trickier the furthest bulb came off without the metal base that screws into the socket. they had to use piers to get it out and when I started snapping pictures the flash made Sam freak out because he thought the boys were getting electrocuted! They eventually got it out and all was well.



No comments: