Thursday, May 6, 2010

Welcome Brody Edward Kitchen

He is 2 weeks old now so it's about time I do a post for him. He was 8 days late, but he finally came! After 2 days of contractions coming and going, mostly in the wee hours of the morning or the late evening. Finally on the morning of April 22 I woke up at about 2:00 am and was once again having contractions. By the time Chad's alarm clock went off at 3:30 I told him to get up and take his shower because I wanted to get in the bath and see if they were going to stop again. I got in and they did not stop. Chad had already stayed home and worked short hours due to the previous days of contractions that never went anywhere, so we were unsure of whether he should go to work or not. He was about to walk out the door and onto his 45 min commute when I asked him to wait an hour and see what was happening. Good thing because in the next hour I decided I should call my midwife and let her know how things were going. She told me to go in to he hospital, so we called my friend Tammi and she came over to be with the kids till they woke. We got to the hospital at about 5:30 and he was born at 7:09 am.



This was definitely one of my best labors. The midwifes and nurses were great with letting me do things my way and mostly leaving me alone. I did ask them to brake my water at about 9 cm because I was ready to move on from where we were and that unfortunately did not move us forward. Things kind of slowed down and the midwife told me that if things didn't get going I would have to get an IV so I started pushing during contractions and that got him moving. I felt much more in control during this delivery. He was born without any complications. I was surprised to hear them weigh him in at 8lb 9 oz! my biggest baby. He was 20 1/2 inches. And just in case you were wondering about his name, all of our kids middle names are after family. Brody's is after my maternal grandpa, Edward Borgia.




going home

7 comments:

Krazy Kobels said...

He is so cute! Congrats, way to go on the fast delivery!

Heidi said...

He looks so big and beautiful. Can't wait to see him!

aliciamae100 said...

What a handsome little guy!! Congratulations!!! And I love his Yellow Pear pictures too. :) I'm so glad your labor went well.

tammi said...

CONGRATULATIONS.. Love the pictures great job to whom ever was clickin away. He's beautiful. Tammi

wittygal said...

Congrats! What an exciting time for your family.

{B}dreamy said...

He's darling! Congratulations much :) Can't wait to see him. *B

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the two of you!! You have another beautiful baby. All my love, dawna