Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Brody turns one

April 22nd was Brody's first birthday. He got this small t-ball set...so cute!





His friend Mateo brought him a present of these fun balls. They are all different textures or move in different ways.


Mateo even hope to play with them and enjoy them on the days he spends with us.


Chad and I chose where his Dinner date would be. We took him to "Uncle Sam's" it is a restaurant were we went the most in the last year so it was the restaurant most frequented by him, even though he doesn't really know that :). It was lots of fun and he slept most of the time. After dinner we went to the store to pick out presents from grandmas and grandpas. he chose a car thing, a sparkly ball filled with glitter and spiders, and the cutest thing ever!! a baby sock monkey.






We had his birthday cake the next day after Sunday dinner. he loved it and had lots of fun digging in.








Brody is so much fun, we love to just sit back and watch him. He does this thing that I'm not sure I can even describe, but I'm going to try. When he wants something or is curious about something he makes this noise that is very much an expression of questioning. One time he was crying when we all sat down for family prayer, as we all folded our arm and bowed our heads and began the prayer he stopped crying and got real close to my face and kept making his huh??noise till I opened my eyes and looked at him. His eyes and his huh?? was so obviously saying what are you guys doing? I said we are having prayer and he sat back and watched us for the rest of the prayer.

His smile is so bright and his big blue eyes are irresistible when they shine with his smile. The kids love him so much and get so excited for his every accomplishment. He started taking steps right before his birthday and then the week after he started really walking a lot more. I love to watch him walk around in his unsteady way.

I tried to teach him to sign milk for when he wants to nurse. It is so cute!! he makes to fists and waves them back and forth. I crack up every time so he thinks it is especially great because I laugh and then nurse him.

Happy Birthday baby boy!!

No comments: