Friday, February 6, 2009

A lttle decorating

A couple of Saturdays ago Chad had the day off so we got lots done around the house. It was wonderful! While cleaning out the garage we came across my bed from when I was a kid. Since court's bed was getting kind of rickety I said we should put this bed up for her so that we didn't have to store it anymore and even better... it is a loft bed so we could arrange her room a little better and it wouldn't be so crowded.

Here is her new bed with her "club house" underneath. I love it and so does she. It took a few days to convince her to sleep in it, but she does now. Not two seconds after the suggestion left my mouth did the the boys start complaining about how court gets everything and when was going to ever paint their room. So...after 4 1/2 years in our house I decided it was finally time to paint their room.
With some help from some very dear friends it is finally done. The boys were so excited to come home and see what we had done. They love it and are proud to show it to anyone who is willing to look. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to my friends. The rest of the decorating will come in steps, but at least it has begun!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Oh WOW, those diamonds are amazing! Who in the world taped off those suckers! They are AMAZING! Your vision turned out beautifully, the colors are great together! I'm glad they love it! And thanks for the picture.

crazy said...

I love the boys room. I need to check it out in person. tammi

wittygal said...

LOOKS GOOD!! I think you just pulled ahead of me in the decorating!! My boys still have WHITE walls.

Ashley said...

so cute! I love all the work! You go girl! :)

amyk said...

Awesome rooms, Nicki! I love the diamonds! What a great idea!