Friday, May 22, 2009

The time has past

I can't believe it has been a year since I took these pictures as I dropped each child off on their first first day of school o8-09. It was a great year. Tyler loved his teacher Mrs. Rockey. It was her first year at Sunset Hills so we knew nothing of her and were very pleased to have her this year. I hope she is still around when Courtney is in first grade. We got through the year with only 3 phone calls home to mom and dad and only getting on red a few more than that. Tyler was a great student and did great on his school work. He had the privilege of
having after school reading help and benefited from it.
He made some great new friends and again had lots of fun playing football at recess.
Courtney had a great year at preschool, but I already talked about her in the previous post.
Casey loved third grade. He had some great friends in his class and was excited to have one of our favorite kindergarten teachers from years past teaching her fist year of third grade. He was admitted in to the resource
program this year and we saw a vast improvement in his reading. Good job Casey for all your hard work. Casey got a taste of book reports this year and did well on each of them. Both Casey and Tyler did well in math and Casey discovered a great interest in Science. I'm sad to see the year end. I fear the months a head and wonder how I'm going to get through it with out the children killing each other and keep my sanity intact. I'm excited to not have any homework for a few months as are they. I'm even more excited at the idea that I may get to sleep in a few times.

1 comment:

crazy said...

I love courtney in the red with boots and your first harvest, man you take catching up serious.