Monday, June 22, 2009

Family fun night

This last Saturday we decided to have a family night instead of a date night. We had the kids change into jammies and packed them off to the drive-in movies. We saw Up and it was playing with Hanna Montana (Much to Chad's disappointment). We left about two hours ahead of time so that we would have time to stop for snacks, dinner and the drive there. After a few missed turns and a little back tracking we accomplished a trip to QT for drinks and snacks, a stop at Little Cesar's for pizza, a stop at Panda Express because I saw it on the way to Little Cesar's and decided that sounded better :) we arrived at the drive-in just on time. Perfect timing!
We unloaded the back bench from the van and settled down to eat our dinner. The movie started and we soon figured out that they told us the wrong screen. We (and by we I mean Chad) quickly threw the bench back in, changed the radio station so that the kids could listen and watch as we drove over to the correct screen, and settled down again.

I hesitate to put this pic of me in, but Court was so excited that she took it, and I figure the kids do need to look back at their lives and see mom too.
We had so much fun. UP was cute, but a little depressing too. Half way through Casey put his arms around me and with a tearful voice said "I don't want that to happen to you guys" For those of you who have not seen it, the guys wife dies of old age and he is lonely without her. Sorry if that is a spoiler. By the end of the movie Casey said it was a great movie and he loved it, I guess it didn't traumatize him to much. Hanna Montana was cute but the kids didn't make it all the way through. With a start time of 10:30 I didn't expect much. After getting a jump from the car next to us, I don't know how to get around a dead battery when you have to listen to your radio for two movies, We got out of there a little after midnight. After a quick stop at Walmart on the way home we finally got home at about 1:30. It was a long late night, but well worth it.

5 comments:

crazy said...

What a fun night. Casey looks a bit tired in the top picture. Family Fun.

Ashlee Hatch said...

UP was so sad at the beginning...I cried!! I still thought the movie was super cute.

Erika said...

I love the Drive-In!

Ashley said...

how fun! hopefully I will make it there someday!!! :)

Traciannee said...

The Drive-In is the best! Darling family and you guys have so much fun~