Friday, February 5, 2010

Daddy had a day off

Last Friday Chad had the day off, kind of a delayed Martin Luther King day since he had to work on the actual day. He spent two hours at the kids school having lunch and recess with each one of them. They loved it! He got to play football with Tyler but missed the chance to tell the kid that is "Mean" to Tyler to back off since said kid was sick. Court would apparently not let him put her down. He brought Casey's soccer ball and got to play with him.
So the next week he had Friday off because he was going to have to work Saturday because of inventory. I informed him it was my turn for lunch. I kept hearing commercials on the radio for "Pie Rush Wednesday" at Village Inn. You get a free slice of pie with a purchase of anything on the menu. I started craving Lemon Supreme Pie!
Adiden had fun, but was getting restless. He wasn't too bad though especially considering it was packet full and these around were pretty nice to him. It was crowded! We drove in and the parking lot was FULL. I said "wow, it's busy" and Chad looked at me like I was crazy and said "it free pie and we are right next to sun city!! Of course it's busy." My only defense was "i usually only come here at 9:00 at night. Oh well the wait was only 10 min.
I decide to try the chicken fried stake that me friends often get. It was good until Chad found a hair underneath it! They were very sorry and took it off the bill, but appetite ruined....no I did not want a replacement. But not too ruined for pie. I was so excited I forgot to take a picture before I dug in. so I got another picture with the flier from the table.
The pie was yummy and the company was great. Thanks babe for indulging me.

1 comment:

Erika said...

That is such a bummer about the hair. I am craving some hairless chicken fried steak now.