Friday, February 5, 2010

Oranges!!

My aunt and uncle down in Mesa have a few orange trees in their yard and they let us come and pick some. She told my sister and I we could each have a tree. We had a great time picking for the next couple of hours. Our cousin Rochelle came with us to help out and in the end had her husband come with his ladder so that he could get higher than us. We/he picked those trees clean!

The kids were great helpers when it came to gathering and bagging the oranges. Aiden loves oranges and every other fruit so he was in heaven.

We each ended up with 14 bags each (Chelle) only wanted 6) we ate a lot of oranges and juiced the rest. There is nothing like fresh squeezed oranges. I especially love to pull a bag out of the freezer and let it mostly defrost and crush the rest of the frozen part so that is slushy.

Thanks Aunt Hedi and Uncle Phil they are super yummy!!!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Lucky ducks!! I want to plant an orange tree so very badly 'cept then you went and scared me about rats!! Blast.