Monday, August 2, 2010

I saved a life today...or did I?

I was fish sitting for a friends of ours a little while back. I took care of these two fish that were a prize won at my kids birthday party. A couple days into the fish sitting one of my kids started yelling Aiden NO! Mom Aiden dumped all the food into the water...there is tons! I ran down stairs to find Aiden sitting on the counter with the can a fish food in hand and indeed tons of food dumped in the water. I quickly spooned off the food floating on the top of the water and poured the fish into another bowl.
See all the yellow, mostly on the left of the bowl...yep the is the food that sunk to the bottom. I dumped and rinsed the rest out, cleaned the rocks and saved the fish from eating themselves to death. I'm sad to report that they did not survive the rest of their stay at our house... they died days later due to unknown circumstances...so maybe I did not save their lives, only delayed their passing. Since their families mom was not jumping for joy for the prize fish when they were won she declined my offer to replace them.

2 comments:

The Gearharts said...

I can't beleive you killed someones beloved pets Nicki!! Ha Ha!

Erika said...

Hahahahaha! I can't believe you saved them and then they died randomly on you....we need to get our bowl from you! Thanks for the hard work!