Monday, August 2, 2010

A Scorpion!!!

I have lived in Arizona for 12 years now and I have seen a total of maybe two scorpions...till now. I walked into our downstairs bathroom and saw this little critter chillin on the floor. I immediately got a cup, put in over him, turned off the light and locked and shut the door till Chad could take care of it. the next day when Chad got home from work the kids excitedly showed him the scorpion under the cup. We had determined that it was indeed still alive (they seam to play dead) so chad proceeded to catch it and put in a Tupperware where it lived on top of our TV for a few eeks. The kids caught flies and a cricket to feed it and eventually I had to call an end to it. It was creepy having it there and I ordered its removal. Apparently it is a bad year for scorpions. Good bye scorpion may we go another 12 years before seeing another of your kind, and even then please let it not be inside the house!



2 comments:

The Gearharts said...

how many kids can say they had a pet scorpion? But I have to agree that is a bit creepy.

wittygal said...

Men, boys and creepy critters. Jeremiah brought a baby Rattle Snake home to show us the other day. He had a meeting so he had to leave but said not to worry because he will be back to get rid of it before the end of the day. YIKES!