Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Now I know why my mom did it...



When I was in the first grade my mom butchered my hair. She cut it short! She called it a pixie cut, but being a huge fan of Tinker Bell I think of pixie in a cute way. Cute was not the word I would use to describe my hair, sorry mom :). Well I would always look back at my school picture and hate how I looked with short hair and wonder why she would do that to me. Why would she cut off all my hair? She would tell me it was because she got tired of me screaming every time she brushed it. Now I understand. After 4 1/2 years of Courtney's hair and loving the length I got sick and tired of brushing it and washing it and doing it. I got tired of having her get syrup in it when we had pancakes, she even learned to ask me to tie it back when syrup was on the menu.

so On Thursday Feb 19th we went to Aunt Tiffany's and had her hack it off! Wooo hoo!

Before.
I had to curl it one last time.

After.
We all love it! I think it is so cute and she loves it too. I think she mostly likes all the attention she gets from our friends and family. it is so much easier to take care of!

9 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

so cute, i love it, i'm often tempted to do it to eden

The AZ Gearharts said...

My mom did the same thing to me in first grade and I must say yours turned out better than mine, I think my mom even permed it after to try and make it look better.
Courtney does look super cute with it.

Heidi said...

What a doll! Anything would be cute on Court, but this is darling!

Laura said...

very cute. i never thought i'd see the day! i'm glad you went with the bob over the pixie! although, you really pulled it off back in the day!

Michelle and Taeven Thompson said...

As if she wasn't cute enough already!!! Oh my gosh I LOVE THAT KID!

crazy said...

oh my gosh nichole, Courtney is your identical twin with long blonde hair, I cannot believe how you look so much alike. I will say her haircut turned out a bit better than yours. Ha ha. She is a doll either way. Tammi

amyk said...

I love Courtney's new hair! She looks adorable!!! And I think you were super cute, too! =) I've considered cutting Laney's hair...but so far I'm not quite ready! But some day....=)

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh its so cute! I had the same hair cut when I started first grade! too funny! i wonder if all moms do that?! Anyway she looks so adorable! I love the new do & can't wait to see it!!!

wittygal said...

Looks great! I don't remember my mom getting my hair cut short but holy cow do I remember the perms, WHY?