Friday, January 27, 2012

date night with some siblings

I stole this post from my sister in-law Melinda there are lots of pictures of my brother, but I didn't get any pictures and we had so much fun I was so glad she got some and did this post so that I can remember our fun nught....

Amazing Croutons...
We have so much fun with Sam's siblings when we manage to sneak in a date night without the kids! These are out of order but we went to this Marketplace in Tempe and found this really fun store called "It's Sugar," and got a kick out of all the giant candy.




Our first attempt for dinner was at a restaurant nearby but it was packed so we decided to give in and head to where the chain restaurants are. When I saw Ruby Tuesday I said "Sam, you could get the croutons you love!" and that led to a lot of teasing for Sam from the rest of the family for the rest of the evening. We ended up eating at Cadillac Ranch and got to see several people attempt the mechanical bull and also had a nice dinner even though Sam and Chad positioned themselves across from the giant screen with the football game on!


As we were leaving the marketplace Sam suddenly stopped and pulled up at Ruby Tuesday. He went in and asked the host for some croutons and they actually made him a whole fresh batch. When he came out with the croutons (and found us since we had moved the car and hidden from him) and everyone tried them, they admitted that they are good (Nicki is trying one in the picture above)! I know this story sounds a bit lame now that I am typing it, but it was really funny for those of us there and I have to type it for memories sake!
We then headed to sub zero to try out our own concoctions of ice cream! I had a really great time that evening and wish we could all do date nights more often!

1 comment:

Erika said...

WHat fun! That giant candy is awesome. The kids would go nuts!