Friday, January 27, 2012

pumpkins

This year I was trying to be a little thrifty (after the large amounts of monies we paid the dentist)  and so I got the kids each a small "pie" pumpkin.  That way they could have the great fun of carving their own pumpkin and then I could bake and scrape them out afterwards to make a yummy pumpkin...something.



Everyone had a great time picking patterns.  Aiden forwent his chosen design and just started cutting into his pumpkin.
Unfortunately I didn't get any after shots!!!  I thought i did but i guess not  :(  oh well.  It was great fun.  I always love the kids faces as they scrape out the seeds and slimy guts.  We saved and roasted the seeds this year..yummm.  And I almost abandoned my baking idea, but in the end I did it and made some yummy pumpkin muffins.   I still have some puree in the freezer to make another triple batch.

No comments: