Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day


OK this is my first attempt. I may need to have a friend come over and show me how to do this, but look I got a picture on, and was even from the web! I'm kind of proud of myself. I'm starting this mostly for my family to keep up with us like I keep tabs on them :) and also for journaling reasons.
Today is election day and Chad and I each spent at least an hour and a half in line to cast our vote. I didn't realise that the kids were so aware of politics and the elections. Casey told us about how they were going to have an election in class and he let us know how he intended on voting. When we asked him why he chose the candidate he chose his best answer was "Because he rocks!" so we proceeded to explain some of ideas of the candidates and direction direction each candidate wanted to take the country. He decided that the other candidate sounded like a better choice.
Tyler looked at me with with his eyes big a saucers and admiration all over his face and said "my mom and dad are going to vote on the President of the United States!" and when I picked him up from school he said "so how's the voting going?" Once again I have been slapped in the face with the realization that my kids are learning a lot more than I'm aware of.

No comments: