Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Walk for Autism

On Sunday November 2nd I participated a walk for Autism research. I joined the walk with a family from my ward who was walking for their son Preston. Preston was in Tyler's Kindergarten class last year and i got to know him a little then and more these last few months. 10,000 participated in the walk and they were able to raise over $400,000.00 It was a 5k walk and I really enjoyed doing it. I have a couple friends who have done 1/2 marathons this last year and I've watched them train and admired their hard work. I will never run any distance such as that, but I do enjoy walking and was so grateful for this opportunity to apply that to raise money for a good cause. I've always wanted to do a walk and I hope I get to do it again. Thank you to those of you who donated to sponsor me. I know some did, but I couldn't see who so I just wanted to thank you and let you know it was appreciated. And a huge thanks to Chad for watching the kids while I did this. I will say that one of the players for the Diamondbacks was there with a team of walkers (a few more D-backs included) so I had to call him while I was walking 15 feet in front of them and let him know what he was missing out on.


4 comments:

The Wellman's said...

Awesome Nicki! Welcome to the blogging world!

Kiara said...

Nicki! I'm so glad you joined the blogging world! I love looking at family and friend's blogs so keep it updated!! :) Your kids are getting so big!

crazy said...

CONGRATS nichole. Welcome to the blog world. Tammi

Michelle and Taeven Thompson said...

Scarecrows and Witches... Classic parenting! You're brilliant. I laughted until I farted - so good. just. so good.