Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Out trip to CA

For the last year we have been planning to go to Disneyland for my birthday. So we saved all year and away we went. The kids had a blast!

Here is a pic of Court and Minnie. Minnie was just walking out and we happened to be right behind her when she stopped. Court was so excited to see her


OK Obviously I need to figure out how to rotate my pictures, forgive me. We left for CA on Wed the 22nd and went to California Adventure on Thursday and Disneyland on Friday. Mom and Dad were able to meet us there and that was nice. Not only did I get to spend time with my parents, but Deia and Eli really helped out with the kids. Deia and/or Eli would take Court on the smaller less terrifying rides when ever she was to small. I'll tell you what, those two have a warped version of scary rides. I don't know in what dimension The Tower of Terror is a preferable and less scary ride than Grizzly Run. Oh well it worked out great for us and Court.

After two days at Disneyland we headed south to G&G Borgia's house. We went to the beach and had a great time trying to build walls strong enough to withstand the waves as they got closer and closer with the tide. Aiden ate a bit of sand, but that was to be expected. I usually just walk around and stand and take pictures. I don't usually get in to the ocean or the sand digging, but this time I allowed myself to be seduced my the waves as they repeatedly destroyed the kids feebly attempts at building a wall. By the end of our time their we were able to build a wall that was able to withstand a few waves before if succumbed to the rush of the water. I was then quickly reminded of why I try to stay out of the sand playing joy. The clan up is HORRIBLE. The crying, the whining, the cold water shower and the sand that is still everywhere after all your best efforts. But I got some cute pictures and it was fun while it lasted. Here is a pic of Chad walking with Aiden and Casey, Tyler and Court are playing to the side.



We had so much fun visiting with G&G too. It's kind of funny to me how the kids really connect with Grandpa. Maybe it's because he recruits them to search out bugs for him to kill. When ever we go any where that is a far distance they always ask if we are going to the G&G with the golfing. They enjoyed watching golf with Gpa on the patio until he fell asleep, and found a couple of ant trails for him. They also love the toys Gma has for them to play with. The whole trip was such a success we were glad to be able to take it and the kids are already asking to go back.




3 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so happy to see what is going on with you guys and I'm glad you had a good birthday!

Laura said...

very awesome!! so glad that we can keep up with you guys! glad you had a fun trip. sounds like fun. p.s. you can rotate your pictures right in the windows photo gallery (where you would most likely view them on your computer), or you could try downloading a free program off the internet to do editing. I like PhotoScape. It's free and not too complicated.

The Gearharts said...

Yeah you're here! Looks like you guys had fun!