Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Day

This Easter Chad and I had the privilege of speaking in church. We of course were nervous and scared, but it was so great to spend the week studying our savior as we came up on this Ester Sunday. I spoke on "The life of Jesus Christ" and Chad spoke on "The Atonement". At dinner we talked to the kids about what they learned in class which was of course the Atonement and resurrection of Christ. I feel like this was a great Easter and we got to focus on the true meaning of the holiday like we never have. I am so grateful for our Savior and his love. I have a greater testimony of his sacrifice for all of mankind. In the last couple of months I have really gained a better understanding of the love our Father in Heaven and his son Jesus Christ have for us. I just want my kids to know that I know that Jesus Christ came to be our savior and that through him and only through him we can return to our Father in Heaven. I hope as my kids grow and progress in there lives that they will gain an understanding for themselves of the atonement and they will accept that great gift and build a great relationship with Christ. I hope that if they ever find themselves in despair they know they can turn to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to get them through whatever pain or trial they are going through. Well I feel like I am rambling now and I am having a hard time expressing all my feelings, so I will leave it at that.

On a Easter morning I was a little disappointed to find that I am inept at buying Clothes for my kids. Tyler had to wear a white shirt instead of the green shirt I bought him because it was to small. His tie was still to short.
Casey's clothes were just right :) 1 out of 4 ...not too bad.
Court helped pick her dress out. I had to make her bow/ribbon real quick that morning.
Aiden's clothes were so huge on him, we had to roll his pants a couple times.
Aiden would NOT sit still for a group shot, this is the best I could get.
Here are a couple shots of my efforts.

Her is a cute one of Court that I just loved.
Chad took one of me and Court and I was very pleased with it. So here is a rare shot of mommy.
We stayed home this year and had a quiet Easter. Here is a shot of our dinner.

5 comments:

Laura said...

very cute! Sam would not cooperate for pictures either. little stinker.

Erika said...

Looks like fun...you all looked great! I didn't get to see Courtney's bow up close though, bummer! And your dinner looks fab. You always remember to document the food, I should too with my food passion...you've inspired me. Like I need more pictures though.

The Gearharts said...

Your kids are so cute...wish I knew you weren't going to be with family for dinner we would have loved to have you over...I guess I am a slacker for not even asking, I'm sorry! looks like you guys had a good time though.

Farley Smiles said...

The clothes all look good, if there was a problem you did a good job covering them up. Tucker also wouldn't cooperate much, if you look on my blog you see a picture of him crawling away! That's also a really cute picture of you.

wittygal said...

Looks like a super FESTIVE Easter! I love the colors of Spring. I hope it's not over I'm just not ready for the heat.