Friday, April 24, 2009

I have been waiting ten years!

When I moved to Arizona 10 tears ago I heard about a restaurant called The Melting Pot. It is a fondue restaurant and I always heard it was pretty expensive so I never actually went. Finally ten years later I finally got to go! I told Chad he was taking me on a date and that was where I wanted to go. It is in Scottsdale so it was an hour away, but I waited long enough!
It was sooo yummy and so fun! I considered this a special date. Chad would tell you it was because he was spending lots of money, but I say it was because we usually go "let's go out, where do you want to go? " then we consider the five or so places we like to eat in town and then go to one of them. This date we had to plan and get reservations and dress up and it actually took some effort! When he tried to get me to help plan it I said NO! how about you ask me out on a date and tell me what time you're picking me up!
First course: cheese course and you dip bread, apple and veggies.
Second course: Salad
Third course :The entree we had Fillet Mignon, pork and two kinds of Chicken with a variety of yummy sauces.
Then the dessert!
It was all so yummy! The salad was even really good. We decided that next time we go and oh yes we will go again! that we will skip the cheese course and the salad and go straight for the entree and then probably two desserts. Chad was worried about me using the flash so some of the shots are dark, sorry.
We went with the chocolate and peanut butter desert. Chad was in Heaven!
And it was oh so yummy! it's funny how we all of the sudden had room for dessert. They also have a turtle selection that has chocolate, caramel and pecans, hence the two desserts next time. They are opening one closer to us so when it open we go and support the new location.

4 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

I love the Melting pot. We only went there once because of the price but there is one in Rocklin not far from your parents. I would definitely go just for the dessert. It was over two years ago and I still dream about that peanut butter chocolate dessert!

The Gearharts said...

Where is the new one going to be? I definitely want to try it. It looks delicious.

wittygal said...

Yummy! Sounds like something we need to try. And I don't just mean the food. I think it's time for an official date.

Erika said...

Yummy, I need to go there now!!!