Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our first Pinewood Derby

It's pinewood derby time! Our first race with many more to come. Here is what we started with. The boys drew some designs of their ideas.
Add some time with daddy and his fun tools. Casey enjoyed using Chad's air brush. Our troop also had a family race for any one else in the family who wanted to race. Tyler got o make one. Casey's is the #10 and Tyler's is the #9
Yes I got pictures of Tyler's race too, but since this was Casey's event I figured the post should be about him.


Casey consistently came in 2nd in 3 of the 4 races he ran and first of the last one, beating his best friend Joey. I loved when he turned to me and said "I keep getting second mom! That's real good to be second place."
In the final standing he was fourth with his fasted estimated MPH of 188.6. We had lots of fun and look forward to next year. I've been getting tips from one of the racing veterans in our troop. Next year I'm going to try my hand at it too. Here is a little video of one of his races.

2 comments:

wittygal said...

I love the Derby!!

Erika said...

Fabulous...only a little less than a year until my boy's old enough!! Scary!