Friday, April 24, 2009

I never would have thaught I would say these words..

I have to explain the pictures first. I got home form work and had not changed except to remove my shoes. I didn't want to go outside in my socks so I grabbed to closest shoes available which happened to be two different flip flops, don't ask me why I didn't remove my socks I guess I was being lazy. Then before I went out I remembered that Chad had gotten a real bad sun burn the other day at work, so I grabbed my hat to keep the sun off my neck. Now I as I walked out back after enduring a very curios look from my husband I thought...I wouldn't be surprised if he came out here with the camera. Sure enough... he came. Yes I look Like a dork, don't judge to harshly. Now onto my real reason for this post.








I never thought in a million years I would say it, but I really enjoy weeding my garden! If you will remember that when we planted the garden I went about it rather half hazardly and unorganised. So as things started to sprout I was unsure of where exactly I had planted the seeds and thus unsure of what was vegetable plant and what was weed. My solution, wait and see how they developed. Things finally grew to where I could determine what they were but unfortunately this means the weeds got pretty big and they were everywhere. I'm proud to say that after at least a week of taking it a little at a time I have rid the garden of weeds and I enjoyed every minute of it! It was strangely therapeutic and peaceful. I found great joy in pulling up large weeds and having the root system come up intact. I enjoyed following some rather stubborn roots and the sound they made as they came free of the dirt. Well I will not go on much further because now I am sounding crazy. I will say though that Bermuda grass is horrible hideous stuff when it strays from its intended area.

2 comments:

Erika said...

You've inspired me to pull a patch of weeds a day in my front yard, and it is so rewarding to see them dwindling and I am not so overwhelmed by doing the WHOLE task! Love the outfit and the fact that Chad came to snap a shot!

wittygal said...

Wow you look great in RED! Glad to see you putting that garden to work. Mine is still dirt with a pretty white fence.