Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to school!

WOO HOO!! School has started. The morning dawned bright and early with a lovely breakfast from the pancake fairy in the form of Teddy bear pancakes for breakfast. What a special way to start this joyous occasion
On the way out the door Aiden was quite upset that he did not have a back pack like everyone else, so Tyler let him wear his backpack.
School starts at 8:15 and since I had to be at work at the very same time I got someone to cover my shift because I didn't want to rush and not get them all dropped off the proper classes. Here is a picture of the kids all posing on front of school while we waited for the gates to open.
Casey with his teacher Mrs. Voss. Casey is starting the fourth grade this year and is excited to have lots of his friends in his class. He even gets to sit by his best friend Joey. Casey is excited for this new year...can't you tell my the joy in face?!?!
Courtney and her teacher Mrs. Norris. Mrs Norris was a first grade teacher last year and has moved down to kindergarten this year. Courtney doesn't know anyone in her class, but is very excited to make lots of new friends. She is very excited to finally be going to school. Courtney's class is the sprout class, which I find very fitting for her...flowers and all.
Tyler is going into second grade and we were lucky enough to get the same teacher Casey had, Mrs. Mayville. We love her and Tyler is loving Second grade so far. He also has lots of friends in his class.
After dropping the kids off and getting out of there way past when I would have had to be at work. Aiden and I ran off to Walmart to pick up all school supplies that I did not get for the kids yet. It was tough convincing them to go without them on the first day, but I assured them I would go straight over and get them. Let me tell you it was so fun to juggle three lists of supplies, scour all the different isles, keep Aiden from grabbing things off the shelf as we passed by and retrieve all the thing that he threw from the cart. I thought this was going to be easier with only one kid!
Every one enjoyed their first day of school and I enjoyed pretending like life was normal again and I didn't have work waiting for me on Wed. Aiden took a super early nap and I got the house cleaned. It was great. I find that I like when school is in. Not only because the kids are there and not at home picking on each other, but because I operate much better on a schedule. Here is to a new school year

2 comments:

Sheri Farley said...

What awesome Teddy Bear Pancakes!! Wherever did you find that kind of a pan?

wittygal said...

Looks like a familiar crew, kinder, 2nd and 4th. I hope school is going great. Mostly I am getting "School is boring I want to stay home with you". What? I don't even want to stay home with me all day.