Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our 10th Anniversary

It all started off with roses and a beautiful card.

On august 6th Chad and i celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. 10 Years !!! We had planed on taking a cruise for our 10 year, but alas finances did not permit. We have not given up on the idea though, just postponed it :). I found out my parents were going to be in town on our anniversary so I jumped on that chance to ask my dad to stay with he kids so we could get away. He of course said yes and away we went to Scottsdale to stay at the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch. It was so beautiful. We got it off of price line, so we got a great rate.Here is our view from our balcony over looking the Lily pond.
Here is our king size bed. Chad has been asking for one for a couple of years.
Chad laughed at me, but I had get a picture of thew bathroom too. it was so pretty. I loved to sink. To that Chad said I obviously don't look at pluming magazines !?!?!?! obviously.

I know I'm a dork, but I was impressed with the name brad toothpaste and the individually wrapped cotton balls and q-tips.

We ate dinner at the fancier restaurant the the hotel had to offer. It was an Italian place and I enjoyed the food. we started off with bread and oil and bread sticks.

They had a menu to choose items for an anti pasta appetizer. We had a cheese that I don't remember the name of, but it was very much like a Bree, proscuitto, Bruchetta with roasted tomatoes and a caprese with the freshest mozzarella I think I've ever had.

I was so excited for dinner i forgot to get a picture of it!! It was yummy. Chad had a fettucini past with veal and a red sauce. I had a breast of Chicken over portabello mushroom and potatoes. The ck was so great. It had a perfect seer on the skin that was crispy and the meat was perfectly cooked. I swear it was the best piece of chicken I've ever had. Then they brought us as a complimentary dessert for our anniversary a creme brulee !!! my favorite dessert of all. What are the chances. It even came with fresh berries, again my favorite way to have it. And with dessert came a card signed by all the staff at the restaurant, how sweet.



When you eat at this restaurant you get tickets to ride the godole which is one of the main reasons we chose this hotel so off we went for our ride.

it was so neat and romantic. the gondolier serenades you with a couple of songs in Italian. The ride is about 15 min and it was lovely. The gondolier had a great operatic voice. I was very impressed.

We also chose this Hotel for the great pools they have which we unfortunately never got around to swimming in. We did get a couple of pictures of them though. Here is me trying out one of the cabanas which was very comfy by the way



one of the pools is a beach pool complete with sand. The kids would have loved it! These kids had a quite a sand castle built. I guess it is easier to built one when the waves are not constantly tearing it down.

After sleeping in wonderfully late we haded downstairs to have breakfast. Chad had Belgian waffles, boring. I had Southwest eggs Benedict. It was a poached egg on a homemade biscuit topped with a grilled tomato, chorizo, guacamole and Chile hollandaise with potatoes. it was so yummy I couldn't eat it all, chad had to help me.
After breakfast we went back to our room and promptly fell asleep til check out time. I wish we could have stayed another night but my parent were leaving the next morning. After checking out we checked out we did a little window shopping and went to the movies. The only movie playing was the proposal which I had already seen but we saw it anyway. i still liked it and Chad laughed quite a bit too. We had 6:00 reservations at the melting pot since I have dreaming about it since our last visit. it was as yummy as I remembered and this time we even got one of the private booths complete with a little curtain for privacy. It was very cozy.


After dinner we headed home, our night away was over. It was so nice so relaxing and so filling. I think we each gained a couple of pounds.

5 comments:

wittygal said...

Looks like fun! What a romantic.

crazy said...

All that food looks so amazing. You got great food and no kids, that is the best.

Erika said...

I need more explanation on this...the food looks divine and so does the place. I am guessing it's for your anniversary.......

The Gearharts said...

Looks like a ton of fun and really yummy too. My sister stayed there with her family when she came to visit awhile back and we had bunches of fun playing in those pools.

Erika said...

Ah ha! Here's "the rest of the story"! It looks so fabulous. i am hungry. Now we will have to go. And I still haven't been to the Melting Pot...