Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas morning

This year we had to take the "Waiting to go down stairs" picture after presents because Aiden was fussy and would not sit for a picture. We figure once he got his presents he would be in a better mood.
Aiden was excited for all the snacks in his stocking and spent the time working his way through them while we opened presents. He would put his snacks down long enough to open when it was his turn and the go right back to eating.
The kids were so excited to get bikes from Santa.

They had to pose on them and test out the seats.
Aiden was excited to get a Magnadoodle. After he played with one at Uncle Sam's over Thanksgiving I knew he needed one of his own. It was especially great when he started jumping up and down saying "I love it, I love it"
Court gets to feel like a big kid now with her own boom box and Hanna Montana CD for her room.
Tyler got his own football and a target practice net to go with it. Now he can practice all the time.
Casey has been trying to convince us that he was old enough for a pocket knife ever since he earned his whittling chip in Scouts. We finally gave in and he was very excited to open it on Christmas morning.
I finally got my steam mop. Chad said it was a lame gift, but I convinced him it was what I really wanted and it would make my life easier to have it. Yea!
Daddy's best gift was a surprise gift of an RC controller, he was so beside himself. It made my gift of a transponder pale in comparison :) it is the small thing bellow the controller. He did not expect either of these and these two things were what he most wanted.
For breakfast we had Crepes.
Look at those flipping skills!
The Kids waisted no time getting out back and making ramps to jump their bikes. Way to brake them in.


All in all it was a great Christmas morning. Latter that afternoon we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Kitchen's house to eat, spend time as a family and exchange gifts. Last night we were also with Chad's family at Dave and TeriAnn's where we had dinner and a short program. followed by a white elephant exchange and The opening of Jammies.

3 comments:

crazy said...

I love that courtney is hitting the jump too. That is the best. Man you really caught up. I cant wait to get them published again. Sweet blog lovin.

Erika said...

Looks like a great day! I too love Courtney on the ramp! And can't wait to see all the fun 2009 books!

The Gearharts said...

Looks like a great Christmas! Thomas feels the same way about cleaning products as gifts but I would be thrilled to get one of those too. Let me know how it works out! Love the fact that Courtney is on the bike jumps too!