Monday, December 7, 2009

Kidergarden zoo trip

Court's Kindergarten class went to the World Wildlife Zoo for a field trip. It was very nice weather and I'm glad they went in November. When Casey's first grade class went it was at the end of the school year and it was HOT. I was not allowed to be a chaperon because I had Aiden with me, but I was able to take Court with us. It was so fun just the three of us. Our first stop was the new aquarium. Aiden Loved the shark tank. He kept pointing them out as they swam by.
Court loved petting the star fish, but I had to bribe her to pet the other animals they had in the petting tanks.
In the Kangaroo walk about it is like a big field with a track roped off. The kangaroos wander freely while you walk around the track. This Kangaroo crossed the path right in front of us and if I had had my camera ready I would have been able to get a picture of it on the path about two feet from Court.

I knew the kids would probably be afraid of the birds landing on them, but I took them into the bird enclosure for feeding time. Aiden was afraid of them and wanted to watch from a safe distance. Court want to take pictures of me feeding the birds.
I was able to convince Aiden to stand close by for a quick picture, but that was it.
One thing I like about this zoo is that animals are so close to you. Here is a shot of the white tiger pacing his area. He is about three feet in front of us.
Cour was scared of the giraffes, but after a lot of convincing I got her to feed them.
I had so much fun wandering around with Court and Aiden. We were tired at the end of day, but it was worth it.

1 comment:

wittygal said...

Great pictures! Did you love the aquarium? So much fun, I was impressed with there new remodel projects.