Friday, April 2, 2010

It's gross, but i'm posting it anyway

I heated chili in the microwave and did not cover it. I know bad idea. I didn't think I could stand having my arms up and at such an angle long enough to clean this mess so I asked Chad to clean it for me. He said OK and then he didn't do it. A day went by and the chili was cooked on more as we continued to use it. More days went by and I got a lecture about how if I covered the bowl with a napkin it would not have splattered. Weeks went by and the chili was now really cooked onto the sides and crevasses of the microwave. Then one day I realised Chad works very hard and even when he is home he is still working hard on his own business. If I wait for him to clean the microwave it may be months and months, so I got a bowl of water and a stool and climbed up there myself and cleaned the microwave.
It is beautifully clean now and it didn't kill me and even though he may not notice I cleaned it for him :) or really for myself because I could have done this myself in the first place. At first I refused because I had asked him and he said he would, so out of principal I was not going to do it. In the end I was glad to do it and glad it got done no matter who did it. Thanks babe for all the work you do for us out side of cleaning the microwave. You are so busy and I want you to know I recognize your efforts and am grateful for them and also for putting up with me for these last 8 months :)

2 comments:

The Gearharts said...

Ugh I hate it when we realize we actually do have great husbands. :) I find that out quite often.

Erika said...

I hate it when I wait so long to do something and then when I actually do it, it takes like five minutes and then I'm bugged I waited so long.

Your microwave looks fabulous.