Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Temper temper

Tyler had to go to timeout one day and he was not happy about it. He got to his room and continued to yell down the stairs at me about how unfair it was that he was sent there in the first place and that I was not even listening to him and so on and son on. Eventually he stopped yelling and served his time peacefully. When his time was up and I told him he could come out he came down stairs and calmly told me he needed me upstairs, he need to tell me something and he was going to be in trouble, and that he did not want to tell me in front of the other kids. So upstairs I went, warned and ready to react in a calm and together manner to whatever he had to confess. Here is what waited for me....
He punched a hole in his wall!! OK. I looked at it and said "yes he was going to be in trouble." I didn't know what to do so I said "well, we will have to wait and show Dad." I warned Chad about what he would find when he came home and by the time he came home he told Tyler that 1 - He was lucky he had not punched two inches to the side because he would of hit a stud and probably broken his hand. 2 - it was good that he earned some money dog sitting over spring brake because he would be paying for the repair which would take most of his money. He also had to weed the garden area in the back yard. Thank you Tyler for being so responsible when it was time to confess your mistake. It is amazing to me how I can respond in a calm manner when the kids are actually repentant and remorseful for their mistakes.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Kory dug a hole through the drywall once--but he used a fork--so he could tell Beth to wake up in the room next door. At least he thought he was being helpful. What a calm and rational way to handle your issues! Good for you!