Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas set up

Christmas is almost here. We got our Christmas tree last week and it is up. Notice the ornaments only on the top half. Aiden will not leave them alone if they are in his reach, so we had to put them up high. Unfortunately Court is not any better! I constantly have to tell her to leave the tree alone. Thanks to Tami for the absolutely wonderful birthday present of my new ornaments. In the 9 years we have been married we have never tried to have a them to our tree. It has just been a collection of random ornaments and home made crafts from the kids. Last year I wanted to start getting hand crafted looking or wooden ornaments to go for a more country/little house on the
prairie look. Tammi shopped after Christmas and collected a bag full of ornaments to save for my birthday. I was so excited to open it and I couldn't wait for my tree to put them up. Now I need to add to it, but I'm so glad to be going in a direction. The kids had fun stringing pop corn ....I'm glad that we only had to do half the tree. Popcorn stringing takes FOREVER! I have the stockings hung..did you notice Aiden is without a stocking? I thought I did his last year, guess I didn't. I'd better get on that. Well 12 days left and our shopping is done, yet there is still so much to do and so much going on. I know these weeks will fly by and the year will be over before we know it! Merry Christmas to all. My next project is to get Christmas letters out!

2 comments:

Farley Smiles said...

That sounds like such a great friend

Erika said...

So cute of Tammi, that thoughtful thing! And I know i already told you, but I love the popcorn!!!