Friday, December 5, 2008

Soccer stars

We recently finished a season of soccer. I am super late posting this, but since I plan on using this a journal I didn't was to miss out on it, so here are some pictures of Tyler and Casey playing soccer. Chad works on Saturday so he missed most of the games which absolutely killed him since it has always been his dream to coach his boys at soccer. He has a great boss though who was willing to adjust his schedule for the season so that he was able to make it to a few of the later games.
Since Chad was working I was being soccer mom on my own which was fine, but some times I missed a lot of what was going on the field. luckily I didn't miss it all and wanted to jot down some of my observations. Chad would be proud to know that they were both great players.
I was so impressed with their abilities. Tyler was a great asset to his team. He was lucky enough to get the play with a bunch of kids from our ward and that was an extra bonus to the fun. Tyler was always right on top of his job/position. Once I saw him almost run over a kid on the opposing team, he was not stopping for anyone. On more than one occasion he said he had accidentally hit a kid with the ball and a couple times the kid had to sit out for a bit, but he always said sorry :). If you asked him he would tell you that he was enjoying playing, but his coach wouldn't let him be goalie he was supposed to make goals. Tom would tell him "OK Tyler I want you to make 5 goals today" and Tyler would.


I was also very impressed with Casey's abilities. He was always right where he was supposed to be and I could see him improve as the season went on. He was definitely learning at practice and applying his new knowledge to his game. Chad was able to assistant coach at the practices and would always tell me how good Casey was and what skill he could see in him. Casey also was a great asset to his team and scored many goals.

He had a great time playing and I was so proud to watch him as he did. I could tell he was really giving his all when he was on the field. He would always volunteer to stay on the field when they were short players. Great job to both my boys. Sorry to daddy that he had to missed so much, but we really appreciate the sacrifice he made to be at work.

The boys are ready for the next sport and keep asking if they get to start basketball next. I've told them I need a brake from sports. It's a lot between practices, games, Chad's schedule and Court and Aiden running around.





No comments: