Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

So as our year of our own traditions continues we come upon Christmas. When I was growing up my parents would always have an open house on Christmas Eve. They would invite the whole ward and all our neighbors. It was so much fun as a kid, running around with our friends and as I'm sure my parents planned, getting good and tired for an easy to bed and good nights sleep! So this year we had our first Christmas open house. I didn't get to many pictures since I was visiting with friends and not thinking much about picture taking, but I did get a couple. One friend said she would send me some that she got. When I get them, I'll add them. This was a pot luck and one friend brought a Chocolate fountain. I've always been intimidated by the clean up, but this is the third time I've had a chocolate fountain at a function I've attended and I'm starting to get that the cleanup is not such a big deal. I mean really, if it's easy enough for a pot luck it must not be to hard! It was an absolute hit with the kids as court and Aiden are demonstrating here. Notice the Chocolate running down court's chin.
Here are the kids posing with some great friends of ours, Taven and Michelle. We have known Michelle for years and she is by far one of the kids favorite people.

So I'd say the party was a great success. What did I say about getting good and tired? Thank you all who came and to those that missed it, maybe next year. We are thinking of a better night to have it since we want to do this annually and we spend every other Christmas eve with Chad's family. Since it would be confusing to have it on Christmas eve every other year and a different night every other year than that we will figure something out that is somewhat consistent, I've got a year to figure it out.

No comments: