Friday, December 5, 2008

Forget cookie monster..he's a candy monster!

We took the kids to the dollar theater on Wed. after school last week. Our way of kicking off the Thanksgiving weekend right! We took them to see Wall-E. On our way there we stopped at the dollar store and let each of them pick out a candy. Unfortunately we didn't get one for Aiden and he spent the whole time stealing candy from the others. Notice the chipmunk cheeks in the pic above.
We had so much fun, but a realized I've been spoiled going to the regular theater. It was so gross and grimy! Chad and I used to go to the $ theater all the time when we lived by it. Back in the day when it really was $1.00, even the concessions. Now it is $3.00 and the concessions are $4.00. There is no stadium seating and I felt dirty just being there! I guess it has been seven years since we frequented the Silver Cinema...how time flies. Oh well, we had so much fun and when Tyler looked over at me right before the movie started and with a huge smile on his face said "I'm so glad we are here!" it made it all worth it.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Love those chipmunk cheeks! And I haven't been to a $1 theater in a long time either. The last time I went was in downtown Minneapolis with my sisters. They wouldn't touch their heads to the seats for fear of lice and I don't think they even enjoyed the movie, they were so scared! Good memories...and love the description of Tyler!