Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year for the holidays we are making our own traditions and this was our first. We invited some friends over whose plans fell through, it was so fun share our new tradition with them. We decided that instead of turkey it would be so much fun to have Cornish game hens. Everyone got their own little "turkey" on their plate and you just got to dig in. The kids were a little wary at first, not really understanding how to attack it, but they soon caught on and really had fun with it. They had fun looking for their wish bones even though they were not to gentle getting them out and ended up breaking them before they were free. It was so nice to stay home and have a relaxing day to be together as a family. Since it was Thanksgiving I feel like I should mention all that we are thankful for this year. We are so thankful for our family and our health. We are most thankful for the gospel and all that the lord has blessed us with this year. We have seen his hand in our lives this year especially. From the time Chad lost his job in Jan to where we are now, and all the work that has found it's way to Chad. I consider myself especially blessed to have a husband who is willing to work extra hard to support his family. I'm thankful to Chad for all the hours he works his three jobs to keep our roof over our heads and food on our table. We are thankful to all our friends, family and our ward who helped us get through those first few months.I'm thankful to all my kids teachers and the great job they do. I'm thankful for the extra help Casey is getting at school and that Tyler is having such a fun time is first grade. I'm thankful for Court's amazing pre-school teacher and all the extra effort and love she gives the kids. I'm thankful for the joy Aiden brings to our family. This year started with a huge bump, but we have have been blessed beyond our dreams and I look forward to the next year and whatever is in store for us.